Thursday, May 8, 2014

A Quick Mother's Day DIY


Hey Ya'll!

We are just 3 days away (not counting today, it's almost over) from Mother's Day!
Have ya'll already bought that special gift?
I don't know about ya'll, but I have a hard time shopping for my Mama!
I mean, I go up & down every aisle looking, hunting, searching, praying, begging something to hit me in the face!



Some folks just grab something & go but not me...
I want to make sure I get Mama something she can & will use.
AND just let me say this....
DON'T BUY SOMETHING FOR THE HOUSE OR CAR!
I mean unless your mama says "I'd love some pots & pans" you BETTER NOT buy it!
It took me a few years to get that through my husbands head!
He'd run right out & grab something for her to use to cook or clean with.
I mean REALLY???
Now, he knows not to even think about it :)
However, there are those mama's out there that do ask for things they can use in or around the house.
So I thought I'd share with ya'll a lil project you can whip up right there in your kitchen/craft area.
It's pretty easy & takes lil' time at all. But, it's also something you can make if you're like us & on a tight budget right now! We can always use help in the billfold, right?!?!





My Base (stair "handle")



Saucer base (side view)




Added sweetness :)





Side view of the cake stand






Overhead view of the cake stand & sweetness




This cake stand was fairly quick & easy to make & cost a whopping $1!!
I used the "handle" from an old set of stairs as my main base. I glued a cute lil' white saucer upside down to my "handle" & let it set.  Once I had it sturdy I added a burlap heart (it covered the writing on the bottom of the saucer). The heart gives it a lil' bit of special love & surprise when you're cutting the cake :)
Once the heart was dry & in no fear of moving I attached my pretty clear glass plate on top of the saucer.
And ta-daaa,  you have a cake stand!  All 3 pieces are pieces I picked up at yard sales over the last few months & just put to the side for the perfect project.  I'd say Mother's Day is the perfect "project" time!!

I hope ya'll like my cake stand!  Go ahead & give it a try.  Somebody ya'll know can use a pretty cake stand I'm sure.

Ya'll have a beautiful & Blessed night!

See ya'll tomorrow :)


No comments:

Post a Comment